This is how the Palace is introduced in Wikipedia:
Rundāle Palace , formerly also Ruhenthal and Ruhendahl is one of the two major baroque palaces built for the Dukes of Courland in what is now Latvia, the other being Jelgava Palace. The palace was built in two periods, from 1736 until 1740 and from 1764 until 1768. It is situated at Pilsrundāle, 12 km west of Bauska.
The entrance was surprising grand.
There were a couple of lions perching on the stone columns that form part of the grand entrance.
To start this series, here are a couple of photos taken at the gate.
Will show more photos of the interior in due course.