Over the years, I have been learning the art of photography by reading up, talking to others and viewing other people’s photographs.
I know my photography skills have not improved a lot ( sometimes I feel the photos I took when I was young are better than those taken in recent years).
I surmise that there are some principles in taking photos:
- Take them with your heart – the heart will tell you where and when to press the shutter.
- Don’t think when you are taking photos – keep yourself calm and do not think of anything else ( but of course, be alert of your own safety).
- Sometimes go against the light ( just as in life, you sometimes have to go against the current).
- Be perceptive of ordinary things around you ( as they may be extraordinary in the eye of the camera).
- Don’t take photos because you want the Like.
- Take them as if you are not going to edit them in any manner.
- Don’t pursue a style for its own sake, a style will come to you naturally, just be natural.
Well, my photos have not been good enough as I have not been following the above rules all the time. Photo should be taken so that the rules become norms and the above just come naturally.